Saturday, May 18, 2013

Josh Jamison I was surprised but pleased to see teensy side shoots emerging all up and down the trunk of that Perennial Edible Hibiscus (Abelmoschus manihot) you gave me at H.E.A.R.T. Now that it is planted in the west side of my food forest project in an improved planting hole, with chop and drop green Cassia alata branches forming the beginnings of a thick mulch layer to cool that hot sand, and now that the chilly season is over, it should take off. I'll soon give it a bucket of chicken poop tea and fish emulsion. I look forward to sharing a cutting this summer with Tim and his wife Cathy to add to their smoothies. I suspect I'll also use the leaves in salads and various cooked dishes. Thanks for giving me this very desirable form you bought from ECHO.

http://www.hibiscus.org/species/amanihot.php

No comments:

Post a Comment