Thursday, April 3, 2014

Okay chicken experts...is there such a thing as a rooster that does not crow? I've got this GIANT chicken that came from one of Pam Lunn's eggs that has LONG struck me as rooster like due to the long luxurious tail feathers. Its comb and wattle are NOT huge like I've always seen on roosters. But moments ago as I dragged a huge new Water Wise Container to the south bed I saw him/her mount and mate with a chicken BIG time! Silent rooster? Lesbian chicken? Maybe I should put a few eggs in the incubator and see if they are fertile...any thoughts chicken people?




The tail feathers are now MUCH longer than in these older pics, plus the bird has gotten MUCH larger.

1 comment:

  1. Someone on FaceBook suggested this:

    http://www.thepoultrysite.com/publications/6/diseases-of-poultry/231/hyperandrogenism-in-broiler-chickens

    ReplyDelete