Monday, March 24, 2014

Since I had SO much trouble growing the Perennial Edible Hibiscus (Abelmoschus manihot) that Josh Jamison gave me last year before it died in the center food forest I moments ago deeply planted a rooted cutting in a long-buried 7 gallon Water Wise Container Garden in my south bed....fingers crossed that it THRIVES. I planted in another one maybe 8 feet away a sugar cane long root bound in a one gallon pot that has been thriving for a year in a few inches of standing water in a tub. The 'Martha Washington' asparagus is now planted in a buried Water Wise Container Garden made from a scavenged blue plastic storage tub. Next step...take down the dilapidated scavenged barriers that have kept the chickens out of that huge south bed for ages and erect the 50 foot long, 4 foot tall heavy gauge galvanized fenced I splurged $37 on last week, then plant Milkweed Vine and Passion Fruit Vine and a chayote.

No comments:

Post a Comment