Sunday, April 22, 2012

I grow a great deal of cassava each year here and use the extremely nutritious leaves in soups and stir fry. But this year I will be exploring the many traditional African recipes, many of which I notice require running the leaves through a blender. I suspect this does much to address the fact that some folks find cooked cassava leaves too chewy. First I will try this recipe although I will add hot pepper, likely rooster meat, plus may cheat and substitute peanut butter for the chopped peanuts. I got my strain of Sweet Cassava many years ago from an old Cuban man and many people familiar with the issue of cyanoglucosides in Bitter Cassava have marvelled at JUST how mild and non-bitter mine is. I will have plants for sale in about a month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19xcUGvcUHk

No comments:

Post a Comment