Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Black Garlic

I like just about anything fermented, like the raw Amber Jack flesh that I fermented for three months packed in coarse salt in a clay flower pot that I took out and sampled yesterday...better than any anchovies I've ever eaten and less salty. I used it to make a DELICIOUS pasta dish. I saw a reference to "Black Garlic" on CNN yesterday and looked it up. Since I LOVED fermented Asian black beans as a seasoning I am sure I will love this too. I never use aluminum foil or cookware, so will just put the garlic in my tightly closed slow cooker, though forty days worth of electricity makes me wonder. I will likely also try something black set out in the sun for a month too. I can just imagine how good this stuff tastes!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5902625_make-black-garlic.html

No comments:

Post a Comment