Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm Looking for a New Dog

Sweety

Sergeant

Folks have asked me if I've begun looking for a new dog after Sweety died May 11 at the age of 14, and my Dad has been actively looking for one for me there in Okeechobee. I've checked a few sites and run an ad on Craig's List, but no luck yet, so today thanks to Dad I will post at my blogs about my ideal new pooch. Like Sweety, and Sergeant and Captain before her, I want my new dog to be a Bordie Collie mutt vs. a purebred. All three were 10 months old and housebroken when I got them....that would be nice, but a puppy would be fine too. A puppy might even be better in terms of it growing up knowing that chickens are not to be chased and killed! I want a male this time as I now agree that female dogs can be aloof...it took a LONG time for me and Sweety to bond, and we were never as close as I was with Sergeant and Captain.

Attached are pics of Sweety (she was my first big dog at 42 pounds due to being part Chow) and Sergeant, who weighed 20 lbs....many people felt he was a mix of Border Collie, Springer Spaniel and Poodle, and he and I were true "best buddies" those ten years. My ideal new dog would resemble Sergeant.

If you see a dog on the street, or know of a litter of puppies etc. in the Tampa area that might match this profile, please let me know. My e-mail is: JohnAStarnes@msn.com and my phone is

813 839 0881
Thanks! John

No comments:

Post a Comment