Saturday, June 1, 2013

I was very fortunate that a gardener in New Mexico I know through FaceBook first made me aware of this species, then sent me some of a white cultivar. I also bought a packet of 'Big Fields Brown'. We agree both are long shots in the humid heat, but then again years ago I was told by a noted Florida rosarian that the monster climbing rose 'Mermaid' that tragically CONSUMED my Tampa yard grows very poorly here. And my Denver yard had Tea, China, and Noisette roses plus a palm tree that "can't grow in Denver", so why not try these? Both are planted in large, restricted drainage container gardens in my back east bed.....if they fail this summer I'll try again this fall then next spring. A super drought tolerant true bean for central Florida gardens would be wonderful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaseolus_acutifolius

No comments:

Post a Comment