Friday, January 4, 2013

I've been nearsighted all my life, and myopia generally improves some as we age. But for years that improvement was SO minimal I could go years and years with the same prescription. I started taking iodine 5 years ago.....3 years ago I noticed that my quite new prescription was too strong....I'd have to pull my glasses out 2 inches to get the focal point right. So I went to Visionworks for a 2 pair for $99 special and a new exam...the doctor rechecked in case she'd made a mistake...nope...my eyes were 20% stronger!! The fitter also said he'd never seen anything like that. A few months ago I noticed I was again having to pull my glasses out some distance for perfect clarity...today went back to Visionworks for the same special and a new exam for $62....me eyes are another 12.5% stronger!!! My lenses keep getting thinner and thinner and I often walk around the house and yard with no glasses, which would have been unthinkable in my 20s and 30s. I've been supplementing with iodine for 5 years now and feel there is very likely a connection when I consider its vast positive impacts on friends who also use it for them and their pets. I get my new, blue-tinted glasses next Tuesday...woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment