Thursday, August 25, 2011

Toxic Red Kidney Beans

Hey folks,
Mary Jo has taken up sprouting, and as we spoke today an old vague memory semi-surfaced, then fully surfaced...raw, undercooked or sprouted red kidney beans can be VERY toxic. See this one link below, look at others, then pass it on! John

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,
    It's Gloria, from high school (remember me?) I'm a gardener, too, doing the semi-rural, small yard veggie thing as much as I can with my physical limitations. Lots of weird container gardens instead of our cold ground here in NY. makes it easier for me.
    But I wanted to chime in on the toxic sprout topic. I take Placquenil for lupus, a drug used primarily for malaria patients, and was warned by my doc not to eat sprouts, or any kind of fungi foods, mushrooms, etc. as long as I was taking it. Who knew?
    Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone in similar situation.
    Really good blog, John, I'll be checking in more often.