Monday, July 25, 2011

Jolted, Almost Volted By a BOLT!

This afternoon, as a distant thunderstorm rumbled  far across the bay over St. Petersburg, I took my usual 1 gallon solar shower in my back yard beneath a sunny blue sky with patchy clouds. All of a sudden, just as I poured the rest of the Arizona Green Tea jug full of warm water over my head, a horizontal bolt of lightning passed overhead VERY close, ZERO delay for the thunder clap plus I  could hear the  sizzling bolt piercing the air.

Never has a wet naked man run to his back door so fast, clutching his towel as if in 'The Hitch Hiker's Guide to The Galaxy'!!

Today I regained my respect for/fear of lightning a LOT. With that storm so distant it did not even occur to me to be afraid of lightning. Good grief, were I to have been hit and zapped and cooked, the free range chickens would have feasted for days until some poor soul stumbled on my skeleton.

Yikes!  John

No comments:

Post a Comment