Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Making and Eating Probiotic Foods like Kefir

My first batch of milk kefir came out YUMMY...I used 1 gallon milk, about a quart of cranberry juice to help feed the bacteria, about 1 cup of plain Lifeway kefir to add the 10 bacteria species. No AC in my laundry room so the fermentation urns are in there....I did a two day ferment. Yesterday I started a new batch but this time added 1 cup sugar in place of the fruit juice to feed the bacteria. I'd LOVE to make a batch using raw cow or goat's milk! The benefits of probiotics for GERDs, acid reflux, constipation, and more have all been demonstrated in people I know, so the findings of abundant studies do not surprise me. John


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100823172331.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment