Monday, February 22, 2010

Cooking What You Grow and Raise Class




I love to cook for myself and friends, and my spicy savory contributions to potlucks are always very well received, and for years people have said I should teach cooking classes...so here goes!
We'll use produce, root crops, herbs, spices and eggs from my urban farm to create a fresh omelet, spicy fried African yams (true yams, not sweet potatoes) and a basic salad dressing using home-brewed kombucha tea. We will harvest some items fresh from the gardens and henhouse, then work together in my small kitchen to cover how to use healthy oils and various spices to cheaply create authentic tasting ethnic cuisines, such as Thai, Mexican, Ethiopian and Italian. Healthy eating can be tasty eating!
I am teaching this class on March 20, from 11 AM until 1 PM. The cost is $20 and one onion (yellow, white or red) per person (I can never have enough onions!). My address is: 3212 West Paxton Avenue Tampa FL 33611 813 839 0881 JohnAStarnes@msn.com
RSVP is helpful in my planning how to make the best use of your time as we discover the joy of creatively cooking the fresh harvests from our gardens. See you then....show up hungry! John

No comments:

Post a Comment