Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My past efforts to cook green Moringa seed pods resulted in their being way too tough to eat, and I am a "garbage gut" with a VERY short list of foods I dislike. Asian folks have told me they are NEVER tender eaten whole despite what I've read, to just boil them in salt water, drain, split with my thumb and eat the interior. This reminds me of both edamame soybeans and how I prepare and eat my green gandule bean pods. Mike Urban has eaten pods when skinny and 3-4 inches long and nicely tender cooked. Tomorrow I coppice my third and last Moringa and hope I get more pods to experiment with.....if I don't like them (very unlikely) maybe cook long mature ones in my solar dish as poultry food.

http://edibleplantproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/moringa-recipes.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment