Saturday, April 27, 2013

I've met folks who get arthritic reactions from eating the same nightshades I relish with no ill effects, but I learned in my mid 30s in Denver I get auto-immune arthritis if I use dairy as a main stay....a few times a month no problem. And science now knows why.....mitochondrial DNA mutation studies show that twice, the prehistoric ancestors of modern western cows (but not the kind in India), several thousands of years ago had a mutation that caused two new proteins to appear in their milk....people, like me, sensitive to both, can develop arthritis and quickly from eating a lot of dairy. I've met lots of people just like me...as soon as they dropped/cut back on dairy, their arthritis vanished, thankfully! But others can chug a lug milk and feast on cheese with no problem. Interesting that nearly all Asians are lactose intolerant, which explains why there are no Chinese or Japanese cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment