Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Wonderful Gift From A Denver Dumpster

In my part of Denver in the 90s there were alley ways with dumpsters between the rows of houses vs. garbage cans out on the street.....one morning maybe fifteen years ago I lifted the lid of my dumpster to dump some trash and noticed that my neighbor behind me had made yet another huge dump of promotional stuff from yet another multi-level marketing ponzi scheme. Right on top was this transparency to be used on an overhead projector (pre-PowerPoint days!) and it IMMEDIATELY resonated with me. Within minutes it was beneath glass on a coffee table to see daily, and it has been similarly displayed here in my last home ever since I moved in. I credit seeing daily  back then as an affirmation that helped me to speed up debt elimination, meet goals as a rosarian and garden writer, and especially to GET THE HELL out of icy Colorado where I'd been trapped by my first ever mortgage going VERY upside down for fifteen years by the time I escaped in November 2002. This is far more effective than saying "Gee, I wish my life was better". We covered points like this in today's Breaking Free class. It is another way of saying "You can't hit a target you can't see". I know for a fact that my life would have proceeded differently, and likely with more subjective difficulty, had I not found this wonderful gift in my own dumpster that morning. No wonder I've been dumpster diving since 1976! Abundance involves many more things than just money.

No comments:

Post a Comment