I like how an informal form of commerce exists between the folks I know as we freely share and sometimes trade items we scavenge curbside or from dumpsters, or things we grow and raise like eggs and fresh produce. I have a VAST selection of food crops seeds and edible food crops plants (cassava, Thai hot peppers, edible thornless Opuntia cactus, Chaya, perennial native garlic, various yams). In the spring I will have MANY fresh eggs daily, and have oodles of fresh arugula right now, and I'd love to barter with local folks who might have the following:
1. A powerful box fan to run in my bedroom window each summer....my current one is quite wimpy.
2. Hand pruners with cross over blades to use on my roses
3. Stepping stones
4. BIG sheets of mirror to help revamp the trippy livingroom floor
5. A rhizome of dwarf yellow canna "lily"
6. Barbados Cherry
7. Jamaican Cherry (Muntingia calabura)
8. Newly expired gallons of milk for my cheese making
9. Stainless steel saucepans
10. An electric hand drill.
Holler if you want to swap! John