Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm a classic "garbage gut" that can enjoy a great many foods plus I have very few texture issues, but sometimes even 'Estrella' chaya can be too "chewy" for me, even if cooked 20 minutes. So today I am boiling chopped 'Estrella' for 30 minutes, letting it cool, then pureeing it in my blender. In the soup pot I'll saute' onions, leeks and garlic in coconut oil and roasted sesame oil (normally I'd add a few peppers but I am only now recovered from my harissa abuse binge!) along with some panang curry paste. Next in goes the pureed cooked chaya, 1-2 cans of coconut milk, a few splashes of fish sauce and a couple tablespoons of brown sugar plus cubed tofu. I think it will turn out delicious and allow me to enjoy better nutritious chaya.


No comments:

Post a Comment