Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'What The Bleep Do We Know' potluck at my house

Years ago this remarkable film had a potent effect on me by encouraging me to think and feel more bravely, knowing that my short life will be spent on the  third planet from a benign star shepherding a solar system in an outer arm of a huge spiral galaxy...one of many billions of galaxies. So why think and feel small and "safe" for fear of being considered "weird" or risky actual change? I've watched it easily thirty times over the years, altered and not ( I prefer "not") but it has been well over a year since I immersed myself in its imaginative wonder. Yesterday as my friend Tim and I talked about creating and choosing positive pre-emptive change in our lives vs. just reacting, I decided to host here a small potluck to eat, watch it, then gather around a fire in my back yard to discuss it and our own current state of affairs and dreams. I've hosted easily half a dozen dinners and potlucks to view and discuss this gem and so look forward to this new potluck.

Here is a link to the movie on-line, though the resolution looks low compared to the  DVD on my TV. For me, 'What The Bleep Do We Know' cultivates wonder and gratitude as do my gardens. Enjoy, John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-azcMJ5JS4&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. John, Thank you, thank you! I'd never heard of or seen this movie. What a treat! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and look forward to my own copy and watching it many more times. Jim

    ReplyDelete