Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Universe Wish List

If any of my local blog readers have bags of dry cat or dog food their pets won't eat, or stacks of used one gallon black plastic pots I can recycle for my plant sales cottage business, I'd love to trade seeds and/or plants for them. I used to dumpster dive lots of pet food to treat my chickens to (they LOVE pet food nuggets soaked in water for an hour or so) but the downturn has not only greatly reduced the amount of usable items going into dumpsters, but it has triggered a BIG increase in dumpster diving....I now routinely see middle class looking folks driving nice cars and trucks "mining" resources from dumpsters I've relied on for years. I now frequently see a distinguished looking elderly man dumpster diving in his Lincoln Town Car! Thanks, John

No comments:

Post a Comment