Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Allium fistulosum seedlings

I got a quite good germination rate from that first batch of home grown seeds planted in a heavy compost, so those morning I pulled out from a baby pool garden and fed to the chickens those vigorous Pig Weed plants, and will transplant into there most of these perennial (hopefully!) onion seedlings in hopes that right next to the baby pool that each fall through spring blesses me with abundant Allium canadense, I will have a baby pool garden teeming with tasty onions! Of course I will be potting some up for friends. Today I will sow more of those seeds in a lighter, sandier mix to see how that goes. It is worth mentioning that the envelope of these seeds have been in the fridge since I harvested them this spring to insure cold stratification. John

No comments:

Post a Comment