Saturday, April 2, 2011

Conserving Water At Home

I just got my new water bill....$3.64 despite all the food crops and Old Roses and plants-for-sale and poultry I raise here, the usual laundry use and giving Cracker a weekly bath in the tub, plus my showering INDOORS using hot tap water on several chilly days. How did I pull off this water tightwad's dream come true?  My native obsessiveness once again proved handy as I saved, as always, kitchen graywater with a 4 gallon bucket beneath the sink, my solar-heated 1 gallon outdoor showers, several rain barrels, lining up 5 and 7 gallon buckets along the eaves before a rare rain arrived, peeing outdoors only, mulching, and growing the great majority of my food crops and Old Roses in varying sizes of Water Wise Container Gardens.  John

No comments:

Post a Comment