Monday, August 27, 2012

Moringa in a changing world

In the past, when I was both vegan and vegetarian I was decidedly unhealthy, even though I balanced my amino acids, and took zinc and B12 supplements. A few small portions of meat weekly keeps me vibrantly healthy. I now have 4 Moringa trees here....I wonder if eating some daily would allow me to cut my meat intake further?  Once I FINALLY do my first Muscovy duck slaughter, and freeze many small portions of the meat, one duck might easily meet my body's meat needs for one month, especially if moringa's protein profile satisfies my body's requirements. Moringa could end up playing a major role in feeding a ludicrously expanding human population.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/2012/aug/26/food-shortages-world-vegetarianism?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038

No comments:

Post a Comment