Monday, February 10, 2014

Awhile ago I checked the giant clear plastic cookie barrel that a neighbor saves tons of for me at a nearby Montessori school where she works....I am getting a great strike rate from cuttings of the Perennial Edible Hibiscus (Abelmoschus manihot) in coarse builders sand! I took the cuttings from the monster potted plant that Mary Jo gave me that she grew from cuttings that Josh Jamison gave me. Last year mine in the ground struggled then died....I am soon planting this monster one in my giant bog garden in the back yard food forest to try again. Once they are more mature I'll pot these cuttings into 1 gallon pots to share with friends and at events. My gut tells me it wants damp fertile soil. There are many strains....Josh got this from ECHO.

http://www.floralencounters.com/Seeds/seed_detail.jsp?productid=92988

No comments:

Post a Comment