Friday, April 17, 2015

I am pretty sure I won't be growing Chia again.....THE most thirsty salvia I've ever grown. The one blooming is in an 18 gallon Water Wise Container Garden on the back porch and gets a lot of kitchen gray water plus rain barrel water. The ones in the mail box bed wilt in conditions that please nasturtiums and my 'Teasing Georgia' climbing rose. I am pretty sure that Michael Spinelli in Lake Wales told me that once a lot of his property got flooded BIG time and long term (even had fish!) and that his Chia (Salvia hispanica) utterly thrived. They get so big they'd fall over, rooted where they touched, and grew more! I'm wondering how to harvest the seed when I think of when I was growing Quinoa and several forms of grain amaranth in my Denver gardens.....so hard to get the seeds before they'd drop to the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment