Friday, September 19, 2014

I am getting very good germination from seeds of my "Filipino Mexican Tree Pepper" from pods that I let dry indoors for a few weeks...once they are taller I'll separate them and plant them around the yard as I now have a few in large Water Wise Container Gardens. I hope that the folks I mailed pods to get good germination rates also. Years ago Allen Boatman IDd it as a perennial form of Capsicum frutescens and devised this study name for it based on details from my Filipino Joe who gave me my seeds in 2001 as I recall. That original plant was in the ground, averaged 5' X 5' and made hundreds if not thousands of pods each year...the flavor and heat is on par with a good Thai pepper. That plant lived 8 years until a hard freeze nuked it




1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    I've been following your blog for a few years now, I love what you grow and all the helpful information you provide. I was wondering if you ever offer seeds of your amazing Filipino Mexican tree Pepper? I'd be happy to pay but I've always admired that it just keeps providing you amazing peppers all year.

    ReplyDelete