Saturday, February 21, 2015

Here in my south Tampa yard I had immediate foliar damage on uncovered tomatoes, delayed minor damage on papaya and banana leaves, almost no damage on even unprotected nasturtiums, surprisingly NO damage on my two yellow passion fruit vines or seemingly on my Jamaican Cherry or Scarlet Mombin. The roses and winter veggies loved the 2 inches of rain followed by the chill. But folks I know in Seminole Heights and other northern parts of Tampa reported they lost even covered tomatoes and extensive damage to bananas and other plants. Josh at H.E.A.R.T. in Lake Wales reported 26 but they used sprinkling and tarps to protect things. Me and others saw weeds killed, and I think a lot of us saw major frost damage on sweet potato vines, but the tubers are underground. No damage to my citrus trees and avocado.


No comments:

Post a Comment